James is currently a CG Supervisor at Axis Studios. Having started there over 6 years ago he has since climbed the ranks, moving between assets and lighting but specialising in Environments.
He has worked on projects for all the major studios – Microsoft, Sony, Blizzard and Riot to name a few. His professional work covers in-game cinematics, game trailers and advertisements in many different styles. You can check out his work on his Artstation or at www.axisstudiosgroup.com.
This is our biggest UPDATE yet. We are very excited about these changes!
HOW TO USE THE DISCOUNT POINTS
A purchase of a workshop priced at $499 will grant you 50 Points.
( 10% of the price )
If you have 300 points and you are purchasing products for $500, the maximum point you can redeem is 100, which is equal to 20% of the workshop price.
The existing customer before June 15 have received anywhere between 50 to 300 points, and they can use this money/points to get discounts on the workshops.
The complementary course preview will immediately be sent to your inbox. By typing in your email you agree to subscribe to Rebelway’s weekly VFX newsletter and freebies.
• HOUDINI FUNDAMENTALS FOR FX ARTISTS.
• INTRODUCTION TO HOUDINI FOR 3D ARTISTS.
• A general overview of the project.
• Art, Colors and Composition.
• How to best tackle large scale environment.
• How to analyse the real reference to closely reproduce it.
• Visual story telling.
• Understanding what we need to achieve, the tools available and the best workflow to use.
• A visual study of plants, trees and all elements needed for the large scale and close up shot.
• An introduction to Speed tree.
• Create the various trees.
• Create the various bushes and plants.
• Simple tree creation in Houdini as an alternative to speed tree (for RND only)
• Scene Assembly.
• Mask Generation Techniques.
• Procedural and efficient Scattering setup using Houdini and Arnold or other alternatives renders.
• Basic lighting.
• Shading and rendering the large scale terrain.
• Shading and texturing the various Trees and bushes.
• Prepping extra assets to enrich the environment.
• Advanced Lighting and refining the various visual aspects of the shot.
• How to setup all the aovs necessary to get the flexibility needed in comp.
• Introduction To Volume manipulation in Houdini.
• Volumetrics and cloud creation.
• Shading and lighting and rendering the cloud and atmospheric
• Reviewing all the passes and prepping data for comp.
• Initial compositing using Fusion.
• Initial compositing using Nuke.
• Refine the comp and tweaking.
• Lightning animation in comp
• Adding all the necessary tweaks to make the shot feel believable.
• Enhance the visual by adding 3d elements in comp.
( This workshop will be covered in Nuke and Fusion)
• An in-depth overview of USD And Lops in Houdini.
• A complete overview of how to use SOLARIS to recreate the shot and render it using Karma or any other available USD delegate.
• [PLEASE READ]: WE ARE STILL WORKING ON THE THE WEEKLY BREAKDOWN AND CONTENT WORKSHOP TO PROVIDE THE BEST LEARNING EXPERIENCE AND BALANCE THE WEEKLY AMOUNT OF INFORMATION. AND FOR THAT WE MAY DECIDE TO ADD OR REMOVE TOPICS.
• This workshop contains a lot more information and the weekly breakdown is just the highlights.
• Assignments and weekly lectures are very demanding and can be challenging to new Houdini users.
• It is required that the student have a very good understanding of CG and a good of Houdini SOPs to be able to follow along.
• Demo reel will be requested to verify that the student have the correct prerequisite.
• Students will be requested to provide a valid ID document.
Earn rewards points towards future training for every course purchase and completion.
Engage in discussions with fellow FX students and chat with mentors directly on our private forums and chats.
We have a dedicated team of FX artists ready to give feedback on your work and course projects.
We are currently developing subtitles so VFX artists around the world can achieve their dreams.
Our online program is designed to help aspiring VFX artists have successful careers in FX & CG. Unlike other online schools, our affordable courses are exciting and tactical. Through our courses you will gain the exact skills you need to work on Hollywood-level VFX projects.
In fact, many of our alumni go on to get jobs working for studios such as Dreamworks, Blizzard, EA, & Google.
If you are a beginner, we recommend taking our Houdini Fundamentals course.
However, if you are more experienced in VFX it all comes down to your own technical proficiency and goals as an artist. All of our courses list the skill level required to succeed in each course.
However, if you ever have questions about which course is right for you, please reach out to our Student Assistance Team via our contact page. We’ll happily recommend the best course for you.
Yes! We are an online VFX school that delivers actionable and relevant FX education to the world.
Our online system allows us to deliver affordable education to aspiring CG artists around the world.
After successfully placing the order you will receive an email with complete instructions on how to access your courses and private forums.
The Rebelway online learning platform gives you lifetime access to all the videos and material provided with the workshops. You will also gain access to a private course forum and chat system forever. Once a rebel, always a rebel.
Every class has a dedicated professional instructor who will help you through lectures, project feedback, and Q&As. Every session is designed based on the needs of the student. As a result, every session is unique and updated with the latest FX techniques.
In our courses, you will have full-time support from our FXTAs ( FX Technical Assistants ). This artists will answer any questions you may have during the duration of the course.
Yes, we do offer Certificates of Completion with all our courses.
Our courses are designed to guide you through different modules at a comfortable and exciting pace. As a result, modules unlock on a weekly basis. If you purchased any of our short formed mini-courses, you will receive access to every lesson immediately.
Rebelway does not currently offer subtitles.
However, we want our education to reach everyone around the world. As a result, we are currently working on subtitles for our workshops in English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and French. We strive to make our subtitles as good as we can.
Courses are designed with the goal to teach students how to use a tool-set and develop problem-solving skills. As a result, they are benefited from a group environment with an instructor available to answer questions.
Tutorials on the other hand focus on solving one or two problems in specific topics. They are generally standalone and do not require the instructor’s support.
Become a master of VFX.
No risk. Just results.
Learn from the best.